Some interesting findings in the 2013 report include:
- 2013 highest rate of employee theft in 6 years of publishing this report;
- Vermont tops list of highest risk states for 2013; DC, WV, MT & SD follow Vermont, respectively;
- Financial institutions, government entities and non-profits hardest hit;
- Gambling addiction seen as a factor;
- Credit Unions continue to be frequent victims; and,
- Forged/unauthorized checks most common scheme employed by embezzlers.
Go to http://www.marquetinternational.com/reports.htm and register for access to this report and all of our other white papers, including the prior Marquet Embezzlement Reports or e-mail us at email@example.com. We encourage feedback, comments, questions, constructive criticisms and suggestions.