Monday, November 29, 2010

Pennsylvania Woman Sentenced In $163K Embezzlement Case

Jill M. Sznajder, 44, of Greene Township, Pennsylvania, was sentenced to 16 months to 7 years in prison for embezzling an admitted $163,120 from Pustelak Masonry, where she had been employed as an administrative assistant. According to authorities, Sznajder issued herself numerous extra weekly paychecks, insurance-premium payments and vendor checks as well as unauthorized pay raises and loans from the company. Sznajder's scheme reportedly spanned an 8 year period, from 2001 through 2009. Pustelak Masonry owner Bill Pustelak believes she actually stole about $256,000, according to his own internal investigation. Sznajder, who plead guilty to one felony count of theft, was originally charged last August. The judge who heard her case, Erie County Judge John Garhart, has yet to decide restitution. Sznajder, apparently an aspiring writer, had the following to say on her Suite101.com membership profile:
I have been writing articles here and there for another up and coming website since October or November of 2006. I never really thought about writing as a means of making money - it started out to be just for fun.

I am 40 years old and stuck in an absolute horrible, dead-end bookkeeping job. I have been looking for another position, but quite frankly, I really don't want to do this type of work anymore. I also work part-time as a Stylist in a local salon. I have had my Cosmetology license for 20 years and this is what I love doing.

I am married, actually it will be 14 years this year (2007), to Mark, and I have one 20 year old son, Joshua, who is in his 2nd year of College at a local University - his major is Psychology. I also have a female, black Cocker Spaniel - she is 3 years old and is just a "peanut". Her name is Tisha Mae and she is my little baby girl.

My family resides in Northwestern Pennsylvania on Lake Erie - where it gets very cold in the winter. We are a somewhat normal family with the same ups and downs that just about every family experiences. Not too normal, and not too dysfunctional - it gives all the members of our extended families (mostly my family) things to gossip about - and they sure are good at that.

Anyway, I want to continue to write my articles and I want to explore some other options as far as writing short stories, etc. to see what I can do with that. If anyone has any suggestions or adivice I welcome you to contact me at bigbrowneyes8407@yahoo.com.

Good luck to you in your writing endeavors.

Jill Sznajder

Read the story here and here.

No comments: