- Warning sign No. 1: Consistent success.
- Warning sign No. 2: Money managers who also act as brokers, and issue their own statements to clients.
- Warning sign No. 3: Managers who use a one-size-fits-all investment strategy.
- Warning sign No. 4: Your friend uses him, so he must be good.
- Warning sign No 5: Your manager has put your entire nest egg under one chicken.
- Warning sign No. 6: Your money manager's supposedly independent audit is done by the unknown Acme Auditors Inc., which has one employee, Wyle E. Coyote.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Warning Signs For Investment Fraud Schemes
The Palm Beach Post published a handy Christmas-day list of warning signs for avoiding investment fraud schemes. The signs are as follows: